CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

04 September 2008

and just like that. it's over...

To explain my post yesterday a little bit...

Over the last 7+ weeks I've had interviews with a company in Duluth. On Tuesday they made me an offer. A really low offer. Something that I couldn't live on. Yesterday I spent the morning researching national and local averages for the position and coming up with a proposal. I sent it off and they rejected it, so I rejected them. It's not that they weren't nice, didn't consider it, or whatever. I just couldn't live off of what they were offering and I refuse to let someone else support me. It was a huge disapointment and I cried a lot. Not really because of the job, but because of what it would have meant for my life. I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but then someone plunged me into darkness again. Awesome. Back to square one. Job searching and being alone. I'm really sick of this. I want it to be over. NOW. I know I sound like a 2-year old, but it's been a year and a half and I don't want to do it anymore. Not that I won't, but I don't want to.

In other mildly depressing news. We took our house off the market a few weeks ago. We just couldn't sell it and break even - so why do it? We decided to rent. It seems like the best solution to our problem. We had two guys really interested, but after the background checks it's a no go. I got that news yesterday too. I was all set to be homeless because it would be one thing off our incredibly stress filled plates. I was ready to live out of my car if I had to (which I wouldn't because I have super awesome friends down here). But, no.

Seriously? How much more am I going to have to deal with before I can catch a break? I'm frustrated and upset and I just don't want to be here alone anymore.

OK, enough for now. Sorry for the depressing post, but that's what I'm feeling today.

7 comments:

Jericho Rose said...

I'm sorry to hear that! Duluth is a big area, so I'm sure now that you are looking you will find a job in no time. Job searching can be incredibly hard and take months. I'm sure you don't want to hear that, but it is what I've experienced. It is hard to find that perfect job in the right area and get paid what you want.

alanna rose said...

I'm sending you huge hugs - this will all work out, just maybe not the way you want it to. But I'll put out good vibes for you, maybe they will help?

AJ said...

Jericho's right, it seems like it's rare to find a job that's what you want to do, where you want to do it, and what you want to do it for all in one. Good luck with your job hunt and we're here for you whenever you need to vent!

Unknown said...

Your blog made me smile. I too have had more than my share of overwhelming days of frustrating and upset. A simple quote that keeps me going “this too shall pass”.

YGS said...

Everything happens for a reason! Hang in there and you'll see why one day :)

anw said...

i suggest a bottle of wine! : ) Doesn't solve any problems but it sure tastes good!

Laura said...

I'm totally going with Yeimy on this one. I know what you mean about the job hunting thing. I can't handle mine for much longer without losing it...
We could start our own business, right? Or will we just start AlphGam-topia. :)